Disclaimer Notice: you been warned

Disclaimer Notice
If you're here looking for some good writing, close the tab right now. This is a blog that started off as a writing solace and instead turned into a place to rant off about anything and everything. So, this is going to be an awful lot of just penning down my thoughts, and then deciphering the confusion in emotions, with a not-so-gloomy outlook, or an ambivalent ending, if not a total-downer one.
Peace out. You've been warned.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hasta la Vista Exams

Hey everyone.

Finally holidays are here. My AS exams have finished and the creativity and inspiration [Thank God] are at it's peak right now. But, yeah there's always a 'but' to damper things right? I know. Anyways,  I have been trying to find ways to bust my boredom. I know I'm probably the only person who got bored the day her exams ended. But what can I say, I can't help it. So I've decided to finally catch up on all the Supernatural, LOST, Heroes, Castle and White Collar seasons. haha yeah, I've also decided to increase my reading summer list. This time, I want to experiment with new genres and writers. What do you guys think?




2 comments:

  1. i think you should watch mein abdul qadir hoon in the summer. its simply an epic drama! ya and u can focus on ur writing as well. finish the story that u started about alexandra brian aiden.

    hav a gr8 summer. bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I skimmed through your blog. It looks quite attractive.
    While reading a thread on LUMS SSE on xtremepapers, I came across your post there. I'm posting a reply here because I can't post there as a guest.
    You asked if giving the SAT 2 would help or not. Yes, it would help if you give
    Math Level 2 (In SAT 2, Mathematics is divided into Math Level 2 and Level 1, you need to give Level 2) and Physics. NUST has limited number of specific seats for applicants applying on SAT bases.
    You could also consider NCA.
    If your family is willing to send you abroad do consider this:
    Some of the good universities abroad give financial aid to International students who get in. Getting a good score in the SAT and the
    SAT 2 along with good A-Levels grades surely helps.

    SAT 2 is mostly from As but A2 also comes in the paper. Only one or two topics which aren't in A-Levels are in course. From Maths 2, it is Hyperbola and Ellipse.
    As for the SAT 2 preparation, buy the Barrons SAT subject test Math level 2 book and the SAT Subject Test Physics book. Kaplans are also available but the Barrons one is good for practice.

    In your post you mentioned that you have 5A*s in GCSE. If you have given only 5 subjects, no good university in Pakistan would be willing to accept you. (Pak std and Islamiat are must)

    Your A-Levels subject combination is good. If I were you, I'd have kept Chemistry too because it would keep the door to Engineering open. Of course right now you want to study architecture but your interest may alter by the time you are done with A-Levels.

    Hope I answered your queries.
    Don't forget to check out

    http://nust.edu.pk/usr/Ug-SAT-Test.aspx
    For SAT registration:
    http://www.collegeboard.org/

    Enjoy your summers. :)

    Castle Maniac

    ReplyDelete