Disclaimer Notice: you been warned

Disclaimer Notice
If you're here looking for some good writing, close the tab right now. This is a blog that started off as a writing solace and instead turned into a place to rant off about anything and everything. So, this is going to be an awful lot of just penning down my thoughts, and then deciphering the confusion in emotions, with a not-so-gloomy outlook, or an ambivalent ending, if not a total-downer one.
Peace out. You've been warned.

Monday, December 20, 2010

II

He handed me a small black diary that looked exactly like the one my grandfather had given meI opened it, and instantly recognized the writing on it. It said:               
      
                 " Your children are not your children.
                    They are the sons and daughters of Life'longing for itself.
                   They come through you but not from you,
                  And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
                  You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
                   For they have their own thoughts.
                   You may house their bodies but not their souls,
                   For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
                    which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams."
                                    
          and below that, 

                       For my darling Alexandra

 My grandfather was passionate about poetry and these were some verses from his all time favorite poem Children. Now I could go on and on saying why this diary is important to me, but I'll spare the details for now and summarize it by saying it's important because my late grandfather gave it to me.
"Yeah it's mine, thanks" I replied smiling.
"You dropped it in your hurry to catch the train, but seeing that you're still here, I assume you missed it?" he asked
"You assumed right" I agreed woefully.
"Where were you going anyways?"
"Carney"
He chuckled.
"Why in the world would you want to go there"
"I don't see how that's any of your business" I replied and walked away.
But soon enough, I heard footsteps. I guess he wasn't going to leave me alone. But right now I didn't have time to waste on him. I had other things on my mind, the most important of which was calling my sister.
 I looked at my mobile, and dialed  my sister's number.
" Grace?"
"Hey Alex, what's up"
"Nothing really, except there's a little problem" I replied meekly, because I know she was going to get frantic now.
"What happened?" she asked suspiciously.
"Remember I told you I was going to come by train? Yeah, well see there's been a little problem"
She didn't say anything, so I continued.
"Well there was like this major accident on the road, no casualties I guess, but anyway, so then there was like this um, like huge traffic jam, and I like got really held up and umm, I like missed the train, so like I'm stuck here, and like I just quit my job, and my phone's battery is like about to be dead, and I like don't know what to do"
I don't think I've ever used "like" so much before, but I was just so nervous.
"ALEXANDRA BRIAN AIDEN..."

.......................

to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment