Disclaimer Notice: you been warned

Disclaimer Notice
If you're here looking for some good writing, close the tab right now. This is a blog that started off as a writing solace and instead turned into a place to rant off about anything and everything. So, this is going to be an awful lot of just penning down my thoughts, and then deciphering the confusion in emotions, with a not-so-gloomy outlook, or an ambivalent ending, if not a total-downer one.
Peace out. You've been warned.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Published Poems

Hey everyone, I know I've been dormant lately, but it was only because I had exams. Don't worry I haven't given up on writing, hopefully I never will. Anyway, these are three of my poems that are published in a book called "Poetic Voices Healing the World". It is a collaboration by poets from all around the world, all profits will be donated to charities. It is available on Amazon and very soon on Barnes & Nobles as well.
You can see the link below for details:
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Voices-Healing-World-ebook/dp/B004T3GJYA
http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx?bookid=93976


Thanks ya'all.
That's all for now.
=)

War

Unwavering loyalty,
unquestionable pride.
oaths are sworn,
as forces collide.

With passionate hearts,
and swords in our hands.
We march to freedom,
to free our lands.

We are not certain
if we will succeed,
nevertheless
we still proceed.

With naught but freedom
in our minds,
we know not when
our paths will rewind.

To home sweet home,
where we were content,
but too long have we remained
back home to pretend,
that all else is fine.

But we are a nation,
we have been aroused,
and we will fight
till we see our shrouds.

We march to freedom,
to free our lands,
with passionate hearts
and swords in our hands.

  
Apocalypse 

Apocalypse, I’m crying
On the inside I’m slowly dying.
Unfulfilled promises,
Twisting lies…
Unforgiving words…
Ostentatious goodbyes…
I’m just so sick of it all
I’m trapped inside an unbreakable wall
Life has nothing more to give,
Sometimes it’s just too hard
To live…

Sometimes, there’s no one else to blame,
Feels like I’m stuck in an intricate frame.
But I matter to no one, it’s always the same.
I feel like a pawn in a brazen game.

My words don’t matter, for nothing will change.
I’m trapped, and there’s no one within my range.

Hard as I try, my best to reach out
No one will listen to my hostile shout
No one listens, no one cares,
No one tries, no one dares…

All my attempts to succeed have failed
My victory was short lived,
my magnum opus was assailed.

My visions were vivid, but they were dispersed
Because my independence was destroyed,
My liberty first…
I wait and wait and try to wait more
And I can’t help but hate this accursed lore
Soon enough even the strongest, will perish in vain,
those who torment today, will eventually suffer in pain.

Dictate as you like today,
For tomorrow, you’ll get your bane…



A new breeze

A new breeze bringing a wave of hope,
No restrain, no binding rope.
A new cloud with a silver lining,
the path is clear, the road is shining.
The sun is up, the dusk is dew,
the night is gone but up are few,
The storm is gone, my hopes are high,
for now, before me, apparently lies,
my future, reflecting crystals clear,
with no sorrows, no reaping fear.
No shadows now lie in the dark,
But beautiful birds and singing larks.
I feel grace and I feel life,
No more tears, and no more fears,
optimism is spreading it's in the air,
and so it will be
till I get resurrection's fare.



No comments:

Post a Comment