Disclaimer Notice: you been warned

Disclaimer Notice
If you're here looking for some good writing, close the tab right now. This is a blog that started off as a writing solace and instead turned into a place to rant off about anything and everything. So, this is going to be an awful lot of just penning down my thoughts, and then deciphering the confusion in emotions, with a not-so-gloomy outlook, or an ambivalent ending, if not a total-downer one.
Peace out. You've been warned.

Monday, November 28, 2011

V


       I got all my hiking gear ready. It didn't take me much time, and by the time I was done, Lexie was already there. I quickly told her about my plans, and she agreed to join me, just as I hoped she would.
"I cannot believe you had such a brain wave," she exclaimed.
"Oh, shut up, we both know I'm a genius," I replied, laughing.
"This is going to be so exciting," she said, not taking notice of what I just said.
"I know right. I always wanted to go on a road trip," I replied back. 
       I was cosily propped on my favorite armchair, while Lexie was on the other armchair. I had bought a pair of  brown leather home-theater recliner armchairs when I shifted into this apartment. I've always had a thing for cosy armchairs; I instantly fell in love when I saw them in a thrift store last summer.
"So are you done with packing and stuff?," Lexie asked.
"Yeah I'm all set to go. You should start packing too, we won't really have much time tomorrow."
"Yeah, you're right, I will as soon as I go home. What time will the bus leave anyway?"
"It leaves at six, so we should be ready by five fifteen."
"Mm, alright, don't worry I won't be late. Besides, I'm not the one who delays every task to the last minute and ends up in a mess she herself creates," she said cockily grinning.
I just gave her a dry look, which made her grin even wider. She loved annoying me because, apparently, I was pretty 'amusing' when I was in a bad mood.
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing," I quoted smugly.
"Oh not with the quotes again, you know they're just words said by people that became famous because the people who said them became famous."
I just gave her another dry look. I wasn't really in the mood of an argument right now, so instead of arguing, I changed the subject.
“You sure you in Lex?,” I asked again It would not do to have her cancelling up on the last minute, not that she would, but she most certainly was a very double minded person.

“Obviously! do you honestly think I’m going to miss a trip like that, a trip that could potentially change my life?” said Lexie, her tone instantly serious.
“Did you read The alchemist again?” I asked her, already knowing he answer.
“Yeah, but that's not the point, the point is...”
But I cut her off again, “The point is that till last week you were all about pale emo guys and twilight, and the week before that it was more about tanned Asians when you read the kite runner and before that weren't you all about elves?” I said laughing.
She gave me an annoyed look.

“Stop being so wise.”
“I'm not being wise, you just need better vocabulary,” I replied smugly, knowing that I was right. She shook her head slightly, giving me a very dry look
“So have you decided what clothes you're going to bring?” I asked, casually changing the topic.
“Hmm? not really, I guess I'll decide when I go home…” she replied glancing at the wall clock above the sofa, “…which reminds me, I should be going by now. It’s getting late, and I need to get loads done if I’m to get ready on time,” she continued as she got up.
“Don’t forget to set your alarm clock to..” but she interrupted me saying “to four thirty, I know. It won’t take me long to get ready Alex” she replied grinning, as I opened the door for her. We hugged each other, and she left the house, walking confidently to her car,  waving at me as she drove off; her car's exhilarating speed, making sure she left in a blur.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of chapter 1


Yeah I know, took me long enough. But I finally did it! I finally got a brainwave and I completed the chapter.
I'd love to read your comments on how its going so far or rather, how it is.


Thank you! and happy reading. :)









1 comment: